There is loads going on at Chyan this as we head towards the spring.
We have a film night beginning at Chyan every other Thursday in the Apple Barn, showing documentaries, banned films, independent films.
6pm – Kid’s Film
7pm – Adult Film
Suggested donation: £3 adult, £2 under 16s
Thursday 25th January – Coconut Revolution
Thursday 8th February – We the Uncivilised
Thursday 22nd February – A New We
Thursday 8th March – Tomorrow
Chyan Jam Night – Funk, Blues, Jazz, Soul
Calling all musicians: Chyan Jam is for those who like to play funk, blues, jazz or soul and have their own instrument. Feel free to bring food and drink and extra amplification if you have.
Last Wednesday of every month 7pm-10.30pm in The Apple Barn
Contact: Will on 07936648246
We also have a number of workshops and courses running through spring:
- Aerial Yoga – every Sunday 10am-1pm, 6 week course on aerial swing. Next course 11th March to 15th April. Contact Nay 07502943510 for details and booking or email email@example.com.
- Fruit Tree Grafting – learn to graft your own fruit trees with apple tree expert. Soup provided. Contact Simon 01326 340744 to book
Sunday 25th Feb & Sunday 4th March – 10am-3pm – £10/ £5 unwaged
- Wet Felting – A series of felting workshops beginning end January including slippers & bowls. Contact: Sharon 07780468945
- Vegan Tasting evening – in Apple Barn – 1st Sunday of every month beginning Sunday February 4th. Bring a dish per person £1 or pay £5
- Mindfulness Day Retreat – A stress reduction course for healthcare professionals.
Contact Stephanie 07815801234 Stephnej7@gmail.com
- Copper Bowl Making – Craft your own copper bowl.
Contact Phoenix 07477579700 Saturday Feb 24th 2-5 pm £30
- Kitty Star Art Workshops:
Sigil Art – Sunday 25th February 2pm-5pm – £15 materials provided.
Learn the art of creating beautiful magical symbols to manifest your intentions. Yoni Art – Saturday 25th March 10.30am-4pm – £30 materials & lunch provided.
A day workshop for women exploring creativity and sexuality.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 07949451004
- Weaving & Dreaming Peg Loom Workshop
Saturday 3rd March 9.30am-5pm £75 – £90 sliding scale
Space to reflect, dream & weave a pegloom sitting mat. Lunch included.
Contact: Naomi Hannam 07791703681 email@example.com
- From Fleece to Fibre
Saturday 7th April 10am-1pm £20pp
Learn the basics about transforming wool from a sheep into wool for knitting. Looking at different types of sheep’s wool and how to sort, wash, comb and spin it.
- Natural Dyeing
Saturday 14th April 10am-1pm £20pp
Learn how to dye raw and spun wool using foraged plant materials